23 October 2023

Framed leaf

Hi there!

The lovely colors of Autumn has been the main inspiration of my crafting over the last couple of weeks. I guess part of the reason for that is because of the lack of these amazing hues in this part of the world were we find ourselves ! I miss defined seasons and I think Autumn is the one I miss the most. 

With that ... here's my card for today!





I used :

  • Distress oxides to "paint" the background using the 'spritzed water and credit card technique' 
  • Leaf cut out with my Silhouette cameo
  • Congrats sentiment from Alex Syberia Designs cut from gold card stock
  • Vellum
  • Adhesive foam tape
  • Rhinestones


Challenges :

Just us girls challenge - Photo inspiration
Just add ink - Spotlight Technique - I created a spotlight framed leaf by using negative space and added dimension








Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie


12 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Hannelie... great design! Such a dynamite CAS card with a simple die cut...so love it. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Carol said...

Gorgeous leaf shape and the credit card technique made this a beautiful card!Thanks for playing with us this week at Just Us Girls!

Jaydee said...

Hannelie, I can see why you miss autumn. Luckily, where we live, the colors are starting to turn on the trees and the world looks like a gorgeous autumn quilt from our window. The background on your card reminds me of that. I love that you die cut the maple leaf - gorgeous card. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Pat said...

What a brilliant watercolour background made with a credit card, and the Silhouette cameo cut leaf shape is perfect to show off the beautiful Autumn shades Hannelie, and the little added gems go perfectly..love the top layer added at an angle for a fun more random look. x

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous! That background is just lovely and the negative diecut is a great way to add your chosen spotlight technique. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Chantell Randall said...

Beautiful autumn colours - I especially like the way you have added the sentiment to your card. The gold is stunning. Chantell Just Add Ink

Bobby said...

I love that background technique, Hannelie, and how it peeks through and around the leaf panel. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Kristin Sluhan said...

Oh Hannelie...you are AMAZING!! I absolutely love your style and am inspired by so much of what you do... I'm glad you liked my contribution to the Color Hues, thanks for visiting my blog and making a comment. I really appreciate your time and sweet words!! Hugs!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Beautiful card! The colors are gorgeous! The background is stunning! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful fall card, Hannelie! The background you created is exquisite. I LOVE how it peeks through the leaf cut out. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the leaf cut out, but shown in its autumnal hues.
Faith x