09 July 2023

Birthday butterflies

 Hi there!

I was so intrigued by Jennifer McGuire's Pop Up Bridge Card tutorial, I knew I wanted to try it! I can't remember when was the last time I made a card with a special folding technique or more than one fold. 

The opportunity presented itself this week when Karren provided a sketch at Freshly Made Sketches based on the Bridge pop up card! I love that the card folds totally flat to fit in a standard envelope, but has lots of dimension and interest ♥









I added a piece of acetate for interest and to support the die cut sentiment. It was also an easy way to adhere the strips of card stock :)

I used :



Challenges :


Freshly made sketches - Sketch by Karren
AAA birthday - Butterflies
Happy little stampers - Birthday challenge (anything goes)


   


Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie


6 comments:

Sue N said...

I love your cool bridge card! The piece of acetate is a great idea for supporting a smaller die cut sentiment! Thanks for the idea! Sue N

Pat said...

What a wonderful design with the bridge built with all these bright and pretty criss cross strips of card Hannelie, and the added butterflies and white die cut sentiment with a piece of acrylic behind are great finishing touches. x

sentsue said...

Beautiful card Hannalie. After I watched the video I had to try one too. Thank you for sharing you work on the AAA Birthday challenge.

Janja said...

This is so pretty!

The Crafty Den said...

What a fantastic bridge card Hannelie. I love the CAS design and your colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us over at AAA birthday challenge. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

The Dream Pages said...

You are genious of CAS cards.. Love love this card..
Thank you for joining AAA birthday challenge