13 April 2023

Happy Bee - Day !

 Hi there!

I combined three challenges to make today's card... A theme , an occasion and a sketch :)


I made the card... took the photos and before I started this post, I took another look at my card and suddenly I thought the one hexagon looks a bit lost... with not enough reference to the bee theme I was going for... so I decided to add some more hexagons... what do think... first take? or second ? 😄


First take :




Second take :





I used :



Challenges :


The card concept - Busy Bee - I was inspired by the bee theme, hexagons and color scheme to make a clean and simple card

Freshly made sketches - Sketch by Cécile 







Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie


11 comments:

Pat said...

I love this pretty flower Hannelie and what a great idea to added the inked hexagon shape over it to give a loosely coloured look, and with some lovely added splatter and sweet little gems, and what a cute little bee too. A really elegant CAS card! x

lostinpaper said...

Clever way to use the geometric with floral, LOVE it Hannelie!

Kerry Parkinson said...

An unusual treatment that works so well to create a stunning yet simple card! I love the second option with more hexagons - absolutely fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

I Card Everyone said...

The more honey the better - says me and the bee!
So fabulous, Hannelie!
=]

marilyn said...

Hands down, the first one is more appealing to me! Love the whole card...simple and classy!

Judy Rozema said...

These are both so gorgeous! I actually like the first! I love how you "grounded" the hexagon with the sentiment! It's always nice to see you in our gallery at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

These are both fabulous, Hannelie! The hexagon/s behind the flower is such a brilliant way to add colour. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

As you already know it, I'm in love with your artsy take on the sketch. The 2 versions are amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

baileyrosy.com said...

Both are fabulous whatever you do is always beautifully crisp and clean but I would go for the first if pushed but ever so slightly.

Marie

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! What a clever and beautiful design! So glad you were inspired by our Busy Bee Photo. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

Jennifer Kotas said...

What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!