10 May 2022

Butterfly hello !

 Hi there!

Popping in with a last minute entry for the Fusion card challenge ... couldn't resist that beautiful inspiration photo! 







I knew I wanted a butterfly as focal point and for my background I was actually inspired by the little swatches of color (which looks like yarn) on the right hand side of the challenge graphic. I used strips of colored card stock to build the background. A fun alternative for just horizontal or vertical stripes !

I rotated the sketch to portrait orientation :)


I used :
  • Strips of card stock
  • Butterfly cutting file from the Silhouette store #230454
  • Memory Box pinpoint rectangle die
  • Sentiment from Altenew Dainty Swiss Dots set
  • Versafine black ink
  • Enamel dot

Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie

7 comments:

Ida said...

Love your card. It's a great CAS layout and I love the way you did the stripes and your pretty white butterfly stands out so well on them.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That striped herringbone background is just perfect Hannelie. Along with your beautiful white butterfly you totally nailed this challenge!

Claire Grantham said...

Racing home to try out that herringbone background. This is SO gorgeous, I love it. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

HJ said...

Hannelie, you nailed this challenge with this beautiful card. Love the butterfly on the herringbone background. Lovely!Enjoy your day!

Cheryl W said...

The butterfly may be your focal point, but that herringbone background is really eye=catching, too. Love this card!

OlgaB said...

Oulik!

SmilynStef said...

What a classy card ... congrats on your win.