11 September 2020

Miss you so much !

Hi there!

I could not resist the inspiration photo over at Fusion card challenge ...because...yellow πŸ’›  ... and a
door !

Whenever we travel, I always find myself taking pictures of doors . I love them especially if they are colorful like the one in the picture !

I need loads of 'miss you' cards ... because I miss my family and friends far away so much and there are no indications of us travelling to South-Africa soon of course due to the Covid situation.








 I used :


  • Take-me-home digital stamp set from Graciellie Design
  • Zig markers
  • Foam squares for dimension
  • Craft knife 

This sweet and cozy little cottage doesn't need much to make a beautiful card. But to add some interest, I decided to open up the door, by cutting along three of the edges , using a craft knife. 
I also added a little 'doormat' sentiment inspired by the sketch that goes with the inspiration photo.

I scribbled with my yellow Zig marker/s on a piece of acetate, spritzed it with water and painted the stripes for the background freehand using a broad paintbrush.



                                          

Thank you so much for visiting me today!

Hannelie

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such an adorable scene and such a wonderful take on the photo! This coronavirus has really disrupted so many lives and I'm sorry you are unable to travel as you would like! I always love seeing your cards in our gallery and am glad you were able to play along with us at Fusion!

Helen Gullett said...

That such a beautiful card! Love the color combo you used.
I can really relate with what you feel... I cannot go visit my folks also in Indonesia due to this situation. I hope next year will be better. Hugs πŸ’•

TK said...

Wonderful card, and I too adore colored doors! Your card is perfect, especially since we'd all LOVE to return to life as we once knew it...

Cheryl W said...

I love your card, Hannelie! Yellow has long been one of my favorite colors. I love doors, too. More than 20 years ago we visited St. Paul de Vence, an old walled city in France, and I took many photos of beautiful old doors. The photo developing company somehow gave my photos (and their negatives) to someone else and theirs to me. Talk about a bummer! I guess I should just go back to France and visit St. Paul de Vence again.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so sorry you are unable to see your family, Hannelie. I know how much you miss them. This card is a nice way to tell someone just that. I love the yellow door that actually opens. My favorite color. I live in a yellow house, but our door is natural.

Karren said...

Adding the opening to your door is such a fun touch and adds so much to this gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.