02 March 2020

Laced Edge Birthday Card

Hi there !

I love the color combination at this week's Color Throwdown. A little unexpected for a floral card... but just look how beautiful it is in the inspiration picture below !

Wish I was there... 😍... looks like holiday to me!

Some colors behave strangely on photos... and kraft is one of those ! My kraft looks a bit brownish, but since the color police won't come after me, I decided to share it anyway!








I used :


  • Cutting file from the Silhouette store : Design ID #299589 (modified)
  • Strips of colored card stock to make striped background
  • Sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Beautiful flowers set
  • Altenew ink in Mocha
  • Silhouette cameo

The card front was cut three times and layered for dimension. No embellishments for this CAS card!




                                                


Challenges :

Color throwdown ~ Aqua , Hot pink, Kraft & white

Seize the birthday ~ No toppings this time


Thanks for looking!

Hannelie

5 comments:

Anita in France said...

A gorgeous balance of pretty and graphic, Hannelie ... so fresh and lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Wanda Cullen said...

You are once again rocking a CAS design and this looks fabulous with the striped throwdown colors! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CTD this last week!

Cheryl W said...

Those stripes of fresh color are a great backdrop to your pretty cut design. I think I need to give this technique (of using strips of colored cardstock to create a background) a try.

Rachelle Oltean said...

WOW - What a beautiful CAS St. Patrick's Day card! It's so nice to see one with out rainbows & leprechauns! I love this one!
Rachelle : )

Colleen said...

Wow, those colors do make some magic with your card...and the partial die cutting just enhances everything! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!