02 February 2017

CAS(e) this sketch #207

Hi there!

Time for a new sketch... yes it is CAS(e) this sketch time!




I LOVE Michele's sketch this week! I have 2 cards to inspire you... same but different again!



up close...


The process:
my Silhouette cut stencil

And take 2:


a closer look:



So... I didn't really plan to make 2 cards. I wanted to use the second layer with the hearts as negative space. But in the end decided to use the second layer as a stencil. So the second card happened because I had some left over hearts. Luckily I saved the card base with sentiment in my Silhouette library , and quickly printed and cut another base. I colored the white cut out hearts with my Promarkers and used foam tape to pop it up on the card base.
The sentiment is from the Silhouette store. Because it's so intricate and because of the small scale, I used the black fill option, and printed it rather than trying to cut it.
Design ID #148913

Adding my link to the Color of Love challenge at Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge 💗

Thanks for visiting me today!
Hope to see you play along with us at CTS this week!

Hugs
Hannelie

21 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my these are gorgeous!

TaeEun said...

Love both takes! So pretty CAS!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love them ... but especially the first!

Petra Swart said...

Joe, altwee lyk verskriklik mooi, vrou!!!! Ek hou veral van hoe jy die kleure van die hartjies op die 1ste een met die verskillende DI gedoen het!!! Op die 2de een gee die foam tape weer lekker dimensie aan die ontwerp!!!!! Ek's mal oor die sentiment met daai mooi flourishes!!!!! CAS pragstukke!!!!!
Groete

Unknown said...

I love your clean style!

Sharon H. said...

Your cards are stunning! Especially the one you used on the challenge blog. Their simplicity is what makes them so beautiful. Thank-you for sharing your process so simply too.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful takes on the sketch!

Happy Dance said...

I saw your first card on the CTS site, and loved it right away. I knew I'd be popping by to tell you how wonderful it is, and then you show us another card... I love the second one just a tiny bit more than your first. Those popped up hearts are sooooo pretty. And the way you've 'draped' the 'y' over that blue heart is genius. Just fantastic my friend. They're both amazing!! Bev

nancy littrell said...

Both your cards Hannelie are so happy, colorful and filled with Love! Love your pretty sentiment too. TFS my friend. Hugs......

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet pair of cards...love your beautiful and colorful hearts. And your second card with the hearts popped up a bit is a fabulous look!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, you're so smart to use both positive and negative hearts! Love both versions!

clelie said...

Such a beautiful and sweet card design!

Bobby said...

I love a good two-fer, Hannelie, and this is lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

Love both versions! Clean and colorful and so pretty!

Geri said...

Two clean & simply sweet heart warming creations! Love your perfectly blended ink colors and love your resourcefulness in using the second layer as a stencil!

Cheryl W. said...

Two lovely and loving cards. I have yet to make a stencil with my Silhouette - but you've inspired me, and I plan to give it a try soon.

Celeste Goff said...

Two amazing cards...both beautiful!

Lynn said...

Two gorgeous cards. Love them both!

Jen W. said...

I followed you down the heart route for my CTS card. I love how using the same shapes but with subtle changes (colour, dimension) it totally changes the feel of each card. I especially love the yummy inked hearts on the first one.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS cards Hannelie! Your ink blending looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Wow Hannelie, your clear and simple design on this card is just awesome! And the font of the sentiment makes my heart "fly".
Love it!

Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)