29 November 2016

CASology : Candle

HI there!

Candles are a wonderful element to create atmosphere, not only in our daily life, but also in design and more specific on cards!

So this week at CASology we want to see CANDLES!

Will it be birthday candles or Christmas candles?
Can you think of more ways to incorporate the cue in your design? I can't wait to see!

                                                               


Our Sponsor this week , Kitty Bee Designs, had birthday candles in mind with this cute birthday bee:




A closer look:



I opened the image in my Silhouette studio, added a small offset and used the print and cut function to the image as is, as well as a mirror image .

The sentiment is also from the sponsor. The Silhouette program make positioning of all elements really easy.


I colored the cute bees with my Promarkers, and stenciled a soft BG using a hexagon stencil also cut with my Silhouette.

I used Hero arts shadow inks in Butter Bar and Soft Cantaloupe for the stenciling.

Looking for more ides and inspiration ? Click here 👇

Guest Designer: Rachel Bergfeld


I hope to see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for looking
🌼
Hannelie


16 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

BEEutiful Hanneli! Adorable card, absolutely cheerful and sweet! Oh, those 🐝 🐝

Sue said...

Adorable little bees, love your layout and soft background! BEE happy!

Barb Ghig said...

So adorable, Hannelie! Beautiful coloring, and I love your soft stenciling in the background, too!

TK said...

This is just too sweet! Cuteness abounds with those adorable bees, and I'm loving your stenciled hex background!!!

Shylaashree said...

this is cutest card that i have seen

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely adorable! You make good use of your Silhouette for all functions. Hmmm... don't have one, but I'm intrigued.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous shading on those little bees, Hannelie, and I love that soft background!

Cheryl W. said...

This is such a sweet card, Hannelie! I love those little bees with their birthday cakes.

Gerrina said...

Die zijn wel heel lief! Mooi zo op die gesponsde achtergrond en mooi van kleur! Fijne week verder (Oh ja, zag een heel klein stukje van iets dichter bij jou tijdens de Formule1 race...) Groetjes, Gerrina

Geri said...

Love how you think pal...nice link with bees and candles...just like the old days when candles were made with real bees wax! I still buy them whenever I find them, cuz I love the smell of the wax! Sweet little bees and sponged honeycomb background :)

Claire Grantham said...

I love your card Hannelie, that hexagon background is gorgeous and really focuses the eye on the cute Bees. Love using my Silhouette for digital stamps, so easy to do! Clairex

Anita in France said...

What a perfect soft background for those sweet little bees, Hannelie ... this is just adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Those bees are just darling, Hannelie, and the honeycomb stenciling is the perfect backdrop for them.

Unknown said...

LOOOOVE it! From the subtle stenciled honeycomb, to the bee's little helper! I must remember that mirror function. Silhouette is on my wishlist for one day, and then, my dear, you will be my first point of call! So versatile!!

Karen Davis said...

So, so sweet!

- Bellule - said...

Love your cute and sweet card !! ♥

Bises ♥