26 January 2016

CASology : Adore

Hi there!

CASOLOGY time!!!

The cue card to inspire you this week is :


                                                         


I was playing with this word in my head over and over, and just didn't know which way I want to go with the cue this week. Adore... adore... adorable... dory... DORY!!!

Punny cards never come easy to me, but oh boy, I couldn't resist using not just one, but two puns based on one of my favorite animation movies/characters!


I went searching for a font to use and was surprised to find THIS font, just like the one from Finding Nemo !

The uppercase letters I used to create my sentiment is from above mentioned font. I combined it with lower case letters from apple boy font . I welded the DORY part into a little wave trying to create the same effect as the title of the movie.

On to the images... I found Dory in an online coloring book. I used only the outline of the image to cut Dory in dark blue, and popped the 2 up on a white offset base to create contrast. I added googly eyes for a fun look.

Bright pink punched hearts to finish off the design.

Our sponsor this week is : Concord and 9th

For more inspiration check out the links listed below :

Guest designer: Jenny


Thanks for visiting me today! Hope to see you play along!


25 comments:

Cori said...

Haha, this is absolutely FIN-TASTIC, Hannelie. My boys would love this. I never cease from being amazed by your out-of-the-box thinking, so inspirational. : ) Love from *Cori

Marjan said...

Wat leuk dat je precies het goede lettertype vond! En wat een superleuke kaart is dit!

Lynn said...

I love this...your pun is fantastic!

Sherrie M. said...

LOVE, LOVE this card Hannelie! Your colors and design are amazing.

Joyce said...

I like where your brain took you this time! So very cute.

OlgaB said...

Super sweet!

TK said...

Adorable! I love that you went to such lengths to mimic the fun. Puns are awesome, as is this card!

Shelly said...

Ack! I totally ADORE this!!...ADORYBLE! ;)

Barb Ghig said...

So cute and clever, Hannelie! I love the puns, and how you played with the fonts! One of my favorite movies, too :)

Jenny said...

..and what a brilliant pun it is!! love how you designed the sentiment into a wave too :)
jenny x

Tracey McNeely said...

Hannelie love this punny card!

Anita in France said...

Tee hee ... so very cute, Hannelie ... you always come up with the most creative and amazing ideas! Love that film! Hugs, Anita :)

Karren said...

This is too cute and such a clever (and fun) take on the challenge!

Cheryl W. said...

So. Much. Fun. I love Dory, too, so I think this card is just the greatest!

Dana M said...

Adorable and wonderfully fun Hannelie!

Wendy said...

Fabulous card, so cute!
Wendy xx

SonjaK said...

Ha, ha, what a fun card! I'd never ever have thought of that. So great.

Happy Dance said...

Clever, clever girl! So glad you got your pun going here; it turned out perfectly. Love the welded font, and how you created those sweet fishies. Darling card. Bev

Kim S said...

Just perfect...and wonderfully creative!

Geri said...

Sweet pun dear friend! Great find with the PERFECT Nemo font! "Adore" this color combo!

Susan Powell said...

this is awesome! Love the pun!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

:) Super sweet!

Jen W. said...

I cracked up when I saw this on the DT page. So so clever and the sentiment you created is awesome! I love Finding Nemo and I can't wait to see Finding Dory!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannelie!! You already know that I love your card. Super cute and creative. Where do you get these ideas?

Petra Swart said...

Sjoe, nou moet ek darem weers weer by jou uitkom, vrou!!!!
OOOOooo, wat 'n BRILJANTE skepping, vrou!!! Ek kan net dink dat dit jou 'n tydjie moes geneem het om hierdie puik skepping tot by sy volmaakte eindproduk te kry!!!! Eenvoudig net volmaak gedoen, vrou!!!! Ek's mal oor die vissie in die 'O' en die oulike ogies!!!! Wonderlik goed uitgedink en gemaak, vrou!!!!
Groete