08 December 2016

CAS(e) this sketch #201

Hi there!

Another Christmas card for this week's CAS(e) this sketch !



I love this classic layout and used the inspiration sketch literally as is!



up close:




The pretty gift with bow is from the Silhouette online store: Design ID #4403

Instead of cutting the gift shape, I picked a plaid fill option, and printed the gift box and my own sentiment on my card base.

I then cut the ribbon and bow in white, and colored it with my ruby promarker to match the red in the plaid ( I could have used colored card stock, but my red card stock was just a bit too red :)

I finished off the design with 3 red pearls.

The sentiment, created with the font Mademoiselle Camille .





I am joining the AAA card challenge Christmas challenge:


                                                   


Hope to see you join us this week at CTS!

Thanks for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie

16 comments:

!neke said...

Zo mooi weer Hannelie !!!!!

Michelle said...

CAS perfection, Hannelie! I love the little gift! :-)

Ruth said...

Absolutely love it! Love it's simplicity and the tartan - well I am Scottish ;) xx

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet Christmas card!

Cheryl W. said...

I love the idea of printing part of a design on a card front and then embellishing it. Need to give that a try. Your card is awesome!

I Card Everyone said...

I am ever amazed with your Silhouette talents, Hannelie! You even have chosen perfect colors for your printed plaid gift!!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

You're so very skillful and creative with your Silhouette! Love this!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!

Karren said...

That bow is just so fun! Gorgeous card!

Jen Mitchell said...

That big bow really makes this little gift stand right out! Fabulous!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Hannelie! I love your bow and the elegant font on the sentiment is just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous plaid, Hannelie ... and that fabulous ribbon looks as though it's just ready to undo and reveal the fun contents inside! Hugs, Anita :)

Being Mrs Miles said...

Its a smart and fun card, Hannelie. My printer eats ink or I'd print way more things like this. I love my silhouette too - what a great cut!

Geri said...

DELIGHTFUL...yes, that is THE perfect word for this card! The bow is just so much fun! Love the bit of plaid and love the sentiment, which works perfectly with the 'swoosh and swing' of the ribbon!

Thank you fpr the beautiful sentiment...adore the swirly-ness of the font :)

Melissa L. said...

Ohhhh! So sweet, Hannelie. :) A simply beautiful CAS card. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Jenny Colacicco said...

So clever!! Great CAS card for christmas and I love the parcel wrapping :) Thank you for sharing with us at AAA cards! Jenny x