28 September 2016

Fusion Celebration card

Hi there!

I love the way card challenges do just what they say : CHALLENGE!

There's a wonderful inspiration photo and sketch at Fusion card challenge. Beautiful photo, with lots of elements to work with . Lovely sketch, with layers more than I usually attempt.... but...I accepted the challenge and took on both the sketch and inspiration photo. Here is my card :



A closer look:



The inspiration:






I love the contrast of the B&W stripes with the soft pastels, and used it to build the theme around the layered cake as my focal point.

The cake is a design available in the Silhouette online store : Design ID #128714.

The stripes and spots are fill options available also from the Silhouette store.
I used it for both the horizontal and vertical panels.

I added subtle color to the cake with my Promarkers, as well as a couple of rhinestones to add some glamour!

I saved the sentiment I created for you to use:



Thanks for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie

11 comments:

Geri said...

Polkie dots, stripes AND cake! Could it possible get any better than this? I'm thinking not...cuz this is THE best! Thanks for another great sentiment too!

maria f. said...

B/W deliciousness! Love that inspiration photo too.

Cheryl W. said...

Your card includes so many contrasting, yet coordinating, elements. I love the softer look of the cake against the more graphic black and white stripes against the pastel dots. It seems like these just wouldn't "work," but they do! Beautiful sentiment, too. Do you print it with your computer or use your Silhouette and sketch pens?

- Bellule - said...

Superbe carte aux jolis contrastes. Que dire de plus sinon que j'aime parce que tes cartes sont toujours magnifiques, élégantes et raffinées.

bravo !!

Bises ♥

Karren said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Hannelie and such a great Fusion.

Jen W. said...

It might have been a challenge but you nailed it! Love the combo of stripes and polka dots and the perfect touch of gems.

Rose said...

Another gorgeous Hannelie card! Love the black & white with the soft colouring & spots. A very elegant look.

Gerrina said...

Helemaal mooi hoe die fijntjes gebruikte kleuren het net een spannend-mooie kaart en ontwerp maken! Fijn weekend!

Kim S said...

I love this. So elegant with the black and white. So sweet with the pops of soft color.

Linda Callahan said...

Sheer elegance!

cm said...

Completely smitten with your fabulous card, as you've combined several things that I adore: stripes, polka-dots and CAKE! Awesome in every way! So thrilled you shared this gem in the FUSION gallery!
Hugs~c