08 September 2016

CAS(e) this sketch #189

Hi there!

Looking for sketch inspiration?

Look no further than this week's CAS(e) this sketch challenge!


Leigh gave us a wonderful versatile sketch this week, here's my take:


with love splatters and heart card

A closer look:


A design more involved than my usual designs, and not so clean either!

I used Artmate craft spray paint to create the messy background... and oh boy this paint is so unpredictable! I sprayed a large (A3) sheet of paper and selected a suitable rectangle for my background. There's plenty left which will hopefully find their way to a card in the future.

Tip : If you start something messy like this, do some extra sheets, if you are lazy to tidy up afterwards... like me!




  • The heart and love sentiment were cut with my Silhouette cameo.
  • The heart is a png image from The Pixel Scrapper. I traced in the Silhouette studio to create the cutting file.
  • The love sentiment is from the Valentine Word set by Miss Kate Cuttables.

You guessed it... the background was inspired by Virginia's view challenge to use spray, mist or splatters !



                                                    

Thanks for visiting me today!
Hope to see you play along at CAS(e)  this sketch!

Hannelie

16 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Oh how cool is this??!! LOVE your bright splatters and your bravery....haven't tried anything like these sprays yet myself. And the black heart and sentiment are fabulous. Pretty colors, swirly sentiment, and geo heart; a recipe for perfection. Love this! Bev

Lisa Lara said...

oh this card screams fun Hannelie!

Cheryl W. said...

I just love that heart, Hannelie, and the "love" font, too. I need to look at some of the word files on Miss Kate Cuttables. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Karen Davis said...

So gorgeous! I love the crisp heart and sentiment against the messy spray background.

Bobby said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What you do with your Silhouette is amazing, Hannelie. That heart and scripty word are fantastic.

Geri said...

This is so cool! I've never heard of these paints before - love the vibrant color! Awesome design, awesome 'love font' :)

Jen W. said...

This is so fun and great tip about spraying a big area and picking the perfect piece of it.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Gorgeous Hannelie,

Fabulous card. I love my Cameo too - there's lots of free files up for grabs on my blog site too. If you ever need a design just say the word, I love a challenge. I sure like that spray paint - what a bright and fun card. So glad I came by.

Virginia L. said...

LOVE this so much! Your ink splatter and sprays really take the design to the next level! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Spray, Mist & Splatter” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, those bright splatters make a gorgeous background for the intricate heart. Beautiful, Hannelie.

- Bellule - said...

Love your gorgeous card with this ink !!

Bises ♥

Anita in France said...

So striking and cool, Hannelie ... you even do 'messy' in a deliciously CAS way! Hugs, Anita :)

Rose said...

Love the look of splatters. Your card is so bright & fun!

Melissa L. said...

This is super fun, Hannelie! I saw it at VV and had to come over to check it out. Gorgeous CAS Hannelie-design as always, but this time with a bright and bold controlled messy-artsy-CAS-spritzy-spray of lovely color. :) NICE! TFTI(nspiration)!

conil said...

So glad your card was showcased in Top 10 and Virginia's View because I thought it was spectacular, as well. I love being right.