29 November 2023

Daisy birthday card

Hi there!

I made it with just one day to go before the Altenew challenge for November comes to an end !

The beautiful photo by Natalie was the perfect opportunity to break away from Fall and Christmas card projects !

From my childhood, I remember our garden during the sunny Winters in South-Africa looking so beautiful in especially the yellow and orange hues of the African daisy. The flowers from the inspiration picture reminds me so much of the African daisy, so it was an easy decision to use one of my favorite Altenew stamps, the Paint-a-Flower: African daisy ... just in hues of purple and pink :)



My card :





As mentioned earlier, I used the Paint a Flower : African daisy stamp-set. To add color to my project, I used the Splash-of-color-stamp-set and a sentiment from the Label-love stamp set.

I love the control you have to add watercolor splashes by using the Splash of color stamp set! I scribbled some paint from my Zig markers down on my glass mat, spritzed it with water and used that as my "ink pad". 

Yay! All the color exactly where you want it!

I'm also sharing my card at :

Seize the birthday : No topping

Happy little stampers : Birthday challenge - anything goes



                               


Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie


4 comments:

Bobby said...

I haven't seen that splash stamp before but I sure do like what you did with it, Hannelie. Lovely card!

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cool idea - love the effect! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How very beautiful, I love the stamp splatters, must look through my stamps to see if I can case your card. Love the colour mix.
Faith x

Cathy said...

These stamp sets look wonderful together, gorgeous card with an artsy feel. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x