10 October 2023

Just us Girls #700

 Hi there!

I could not pass the opportunity to join this special challenge over at Just us girls . Challenge #700! Quite an achievement! I can remember in my early days of blogging in 2011, I stumbled upon this challenge and has been playing as often as I could since then... yes that's about 13 years ago !




Here's my card , I now notice I went a bit darker with the brown/tan color, but I am sharing it anyway :D





I used :

  • Circle diecut to mask the focal point
  • Stencil from i craft design (bought locally)
  • Distress oxide inks : Vintage photo, Spiced marmalade and Mermaid lagoon
  • Bird cut with my Silhouette cameo
  • Sentiment from Altenew- Dotted pinwheel stamp set 
  • Rhinestones
  • Foam tape for dimension on the bird and sentiment

Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie



7 comments:

Pat said...

This masked tree design is fabulous in the brown and orange tones Hannelie, and the blue die cut bird stands out so prettily, and the perfect sentiment to fit the scene. x

Carol said...

What a great take on our color challenge Hannelie. Such a creative way to get all the colors into your design, and it's a gorgeous CAS as well! The cute little bird stands out perfectly in blue. So happy you joined us at Just Us Girls for our celebration!

Bobby said...

Your CAS card in our challenge colors is perfect, Hannelie. The little bird pops off your stenciled background. I don't know why I haven't signed up to get your blog by email but I just did. I've missed so many friends since Feedburner quit. I always love your wonderful designs and can't wait to see them more often now. Thanks for joining in the celebration at Just Us Girls.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty! Love these colors together. Thanks for sharing at JUGS

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Hannelie and a perfect use of these colors!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

To me, those colours are a perfect match, a fabulous design and love the blue bird.
Faith x

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card, Hannelie! Your shade of Brown is fine as long as you are in the right tone, you are good. Thanks for playing along all these years at JUGS and for our special 700th challenge.