14 July 2023

Hello... Here comes the sun

 Hi there!

I love that card challenges pushes one to get creative with what one have! Since I don't own any Hero Arts products with a direct reference to the theme of this month's challenge over at The Stay Crafty with a blog named Hero, I had to put my thinking cap on and came up with (another) one layer card.

Cropping your stencils with a mask can give it a whole new look, like I did today.

I used a circle mask to add a light layer of yellow ink on the card base before I placed the stencil down on top of the mask and added a gradient of ink from red, through to orange, and ended with yellow on the upper edge of the circle. 

I then removed the mask and the stencil and stamped the outline floral image with black ink, I finished off the card with a small sentiment from the same set and added a couple of rhinestones to embellish the card.





I used :

  • Tropical background stencil - Hero Arts (retired)
  • Hero-florals : Nasturtium
  • Altenew inks
  • Versafine black ink
  • Circle mask
  • Rhinestones



Also sharing my CAS Floral card at :

The flower challenge : Clean and Simple




Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie

4 comments:

Pat said...

What bright and beautiful colours for the circular background stencilling Hannelie, and the Nasturtium flowers stamped over the top are so so pretty..a wonderful card! x

Stef Perry said...

Hannelie, this is such an inspired CAS design for both challenges! Love the stenciled design and the simplicity of the stamped nasturtium. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Daria Z. said...

Such a happy card, Hannelie!

SmilynStef said...

What a unique and lovely design ... so glad you joined us at the Hero Arts Stay Crafty Challenge.