07 June 2023

Altenew June 2023 Inspiration Challenge

 Hi there!

Another month, another challenge with beautiful inspiration on the Altenew blog. Deepa Robbins shared a lovely photo with colors  and a story I love! 





Here's the card I made :






I used :


I thought the flowers from this die set resembled the petunias in the picture. Water coloring them resulted in a softer color version than those in the picture, but I love how it turned out!

I rediscovered an older set yesterday when I made this card, and from now on it will be my go to, to make controlled water color backgrounds. The set I am referring to is the "Splash of Color" stamp set. I scribbled with my Zig markers on a glass mat, spritzed it with water and used that as my "ink pad", resulting in beautiful splashes of water color! For a bit more structure and interest , I used the small part of the diamond BG stamp to stamp a pattern on three different places.

I finished off the card with a sentiment and three rhinestones.


Also sharing my card at :

AAA birthday - Water Colors





Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just what I need for a 5-year-old's birthday next week! Thank you for sharing your idea. It's great fun.

Anonymous said...

Oops - I goofed. Meant my comment for your frog shaker card. Apologies.

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's awesome, love the colors. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning.
Faith x

Pat said...

I love the dimension of the prettily coloured flowers Hannelie, and another brilliant background with the loose watercolour look using the splatters and diamonds, and some lovely gems to finish. x

sentsue said...

This is gorgeous Hannelie!

Carmela said...

Love your soft, pretty card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

GORGEOUS as akways!! Love the softness of the colors!

Anke said...

WOW so beautiful, I love the colors ...

Deekshita Jaideep said...

SO Gorgeous as always Hannelie :) Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades) DT

Катерина Pioniya said...

So pretty! great palette!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT