04 April 2023

Welcome to the neighborhood!

 Hi there!

One of my first memories of drawing and coloring as a child is that of pretty toadstools with the characteristic red cap and white dots. I remember drawing a little door and windows in the stem and adding a chimney to the roof. Of course now the toadstool was ready for the fairies to move in!

I had a quick google to see what the difference between mushrooms and toadstools are. I now understand that toadstool usually refer to the poisonous ones ... like the ones on my card today!




 I used :

  • Mushroom-stems-wafer-die - Simon Says Stamp
  • Our home stamp set - Simon says stamp (sentiment)
  • Dainty-swiss-dots-stamp-set - Altenew
  • Festive berries distress ink
  • Sticker dots as masks to create the red dotted cap
  • Versafine black ink
  • Altenew Silver stone gray ink on the stems
  • Foam adhesive for dimension

Challenge inspiration :


Wednesday challenge - Simon Says Stamp ~ Anything goes



Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie

5 comments:

Pam Sparks said...

how cute! Love it Hannelie!

Pat said...

Who doesn't love the look of these Fly Agaric toadstools, as you say what most people think of when talking about toadstools, and love the big white spots you have given your die cut ones, and then the little regular pattern of dots on the stamp work so well as place for them to sit. I used to visit you on Instagram but tend not to do it now, so decided to visit you here instead. x

baileyrosy.com said...

Oh, I just adore this card those toadstools are perfect and I love all of the dotty goodness.

Marie

Sid said...

Super card using 'Dots' Hannelie ! Loving your mushrooms and dotty decoration on your CAS card ..... thanks so much for joining us at 'CAS on Friday' ..... Sid xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those adorable toadstools! Great design with the added dots grounding those beauties. Fabulous welcome card.