29 January 2021

Uniko Challenge #63 : Anything goes - Twist- Use a stencil(s)

 Hi there!

Quickly checking in with a card to remind you about the current challenge over at Uniko studio !





 
I combined two stencils to create today's card :











I have always been intrigued by the fleur de lis emblem , I love the shape, must have something to do with the symmetry and clean graphic lines of it. 

Up until the day I made this card I haven't taken time to read more about it. So I took some time and learned that it is  :


  1. A stylized lily composed of three petals bound together near their bases. It is especially known from the former royal arms of France, in which it appears in gold on a blue field.
  2. A European iris - from Old French flour de lys ‘flower of the lily’.


For my card I used :


I started off with the square stencil in speckled egg ink. It was such a happy moment when I realized the fleur de lis image fits beautifully in the square . I stenciled each row of the lilies separately in wilted violet because the format of the two stencils are not completely coordinating. I do think it was worth the time and effort because I love the end result! After the stenciling was done , I cut the panel smaller in a banner shape again playing with the symmetry of the design :)
I finally stamped the sentiment using my misti stamping tool and added the pearls... to go with the royal history of the fleur de lis !

Sharing my card at :

Happy little Stampers ~ Stencil challenge : Anything goes








Thanks for visiting... hope to see you join us for this fun challenge!

Hannelie

4 comments:

OlgaB said...

Baie oulik! Hou van die kleur kombinasie!
Mooi bly.

Cheryl W said...

It's beautiful. I love the combination of the two stencils and the colors you used.

Nandini said...

Very beautiful and elegant card. Love the way you combined the stencils. Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us this month too! Nandini, DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Love how you have combined the two stencils!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for Stencil Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!