21 August 2019

Hello sweet friend

Hi there!

I don't often get too messy playing with techniques... but today I am glad I followed the links on the CAS Mix up challenge blog , because I discovered a fun technique with distress oxide inks or actually any other watercolor medium!

I used the experiment as a background for today's card :









 I used :


  • Branch from design #135830 in the Silhouette store
  • Birds from deign #18628 in the Silhouette store
  • Silhouette cameo
  • Distress oxide inks as shown in photo
  • Versafine black ink
  • Enamel dots
  • Sentiment from Altenew Engraved flowers set
  • Paper towel
  • Craft foam for dimension


Challenges :

CAS mixup ~ Use a paper towel + stamping + Diecutting

Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge ~ Midsummer blues - (Add some blue)

Happy little stampers ~  Anything goes with dies

Happy little stampers  ~ Watercolor Challenge (anything goes option)



       



Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a perfect background for these pretty yellow birds, Hannelie! I can almost hear these birds chirping! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

The paper towel technique looks fabulous behind the aperture and love those roadbed little birds. Thank you for joining in the CAS Mix Up challenge x.

Loll said...

Love your sweet birds and branches over top of the paper towel background, Hannelie. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Cheryl W said...

I checked out the paper towel background technique, and I'll have to keep it in mind if my crafting efforts result in some inky paper towels. It seems that these backgrounds are mostly softly colored, which I think is perfect for backgrounds. Your card is so pretty. I love how you've framed the background colors with your circle aperture. And those little yellow birds add a nice touch of solid color.

TK said...

Beautiful frame and accent to your artsy, fun paper towel technique!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a lovely card, Hannelie! I love it.
The soft colors and the texture of paper towel transfer background is simply beautiful. The birds, branches, and the sentiment are neatly arranged in the circle window.
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

Anonymous said...

Tes cartes sont toujours pleines de belles idées et celle-ci ne déroge pas à la règle, elle est magnifique ♥

Bises ♥

Anita in France said...

Those sweet birds are a delight against the dreamy paper towel background, Hannelie ... so charming! Hugs, Anita :)

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely design and I like all the design elements you used Hannelie. Thanks for playing at CAS Mix Up this month.

Helen Gullett said...

Your CAS card is gorgeous, lovely and inspiring. I love the design.
Thank you for playing along with the August HLS Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful card, love that you used your Silhouette to make elements for your card
thanks for joining us at HLS for our Watercolor Challenge
Barb Housner