30 July 2019

Kindness card

Hi there!

I had fun with distress oxides ... playing around folding different kinds of paper and inking them in different ways. The result is lots of experimental pieces lying around on my desk. So expect to see more of them in the coming days/weeks ! 😂







 I used


  • Distress oxide inks as shown above
  • Heart cut file from the silhouette store #10054
  • Computer generated sentiment (Font: Archer Pro)
  • Rhinestones
  • Craft foam for dimension

As mentioned I created folds in the paper, applied the inks directly to the paper and gave it a light spritz of water. When it was completely dry, I flattened it by running it through my Big Shot and cut the heart  from it. Added the swirly frame (cut from white card stock and colored with a Promarker to match the pink from the BG. 

I created a sentiment to go with the idea of the paper being 'touched' . Just love when the message of the sentiment get reinforced by the design . Well that's just me... maybe overthinking ... again... or attention to detail, call it what you like 😊


Card inspired by :


Fusion card challenge ~ Playing only with the photo this time






                                           




Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great diecut and I love the inky pattern you ended up with! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

sandie said...

no way hon-not over thinking-I love the way the sentiment matches the design-such a cool way to look at this-I had to read this as was not sure how fold came into it and well you sure did approach this challenge with such a unique take-truly inspired! And I do love the way the paper looks marbled and the colours-naturally I love. And adding the dimension makes the heart just jump off the page. Such an inspired project for us at Ink and so pleased you joined us x

Marlena M. said...

LOVE THIS Hannelie! Such a unique technique, with the perfect amount of color. Love that you reinforced the beautiful sentiment too. It's such a thoughtful piece. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational~

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, very interesting and pretty background! I definitely call it attention to detail when it turns out this great.

Nonni said...

A very unique take on our challenge and I love the result! Beautiful CAS design and that swirly heart is so cute and pretty. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Pia S said...

Congrats - you are a Top Pick at Ink with this card.