19 September 2018

Freshly made sketches #355

Hi there!

I'm popping in with my third card as September guest designer at Freshly made sketches ! Kim's turn this week with this wonderful layout :)



There is a fine line between honoring a sketch, and being creative with it. I hope I achieved that with my card today!








I used:

  • Tree cutting file from : Apex Cuttables
  • Bird cutting file from the Silhouette store
  • Stamps from Kaisercraft and Great Impressions South-Africa to create the patterns on the tree trunk and tree top.
  • Sentiment from Altenew
  • Distress inks for stamping and watercoloring
  • Foam tape for dimension

To create the effect on the tree, I started with watercolor smooshing on both the tree trunk and tree top separately. I then stamped the woodgrain on the trunk and the grungy background on the tree top. I finished off the tree top with some watercolor splatters.

I used the offset function in the Silhouette studio to create the popped up panel .

Sharing my card at:


        

Hope to see you in the FMS gallery this week!

Thanks for visiting me today 😊

Hugs

Hannelie

22 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the cool effect you've achieved with stamping/coloring the tree! And the Fall colors are cozy and gorgeous. Fabulous card, Hannelie!

ElizStewart said...

Hannelie...fabulous technique and card!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my your sketch interpretation is fabulous! The tree is wonderful and oh so perfectly fall! Love this!

Stampingcountry said...

Yep, you nailed it. I like the ways your tree becomes the line element on the sketch.

Doni High said...

Hi Hannelie! Great take on our code word TWEET.
I love how you did the patterns on the tree trunk and tree top.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To CAS.

HJ said...

What an interesting take on the sketch, Hannelie. Love the popped up creative tree and the font of the sweet sentiment. Enjoy your day!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card and fabulous design! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Watercolour challenge!

Kim S said...

It's perfect and it's beautiful!!! LOVE the texture on that tree. Gorgeous colors!

Daria Z. said...

This is just beautiful - and such a clever and unique take on the sketch.

Kim Heggins said...

beautiful card...love that tree!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Hannelie. Love the warm autumnal tones. Lots of dimension and texture from your off-set popped up tree and the grunge stamping on the tree top and trunk. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

maria f. said...

Wow. So well done. A great card on its own and a fabulous take on that sketch.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Hannilie...love it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! :0)

Bonnie said...

Love all the texture of your tree, Hannelie! And those little birds are so sweet! I can see the sketch and love your creative touch with it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

What a wonderful sense of dimension in your tree! Beautiful autumn colours too! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Cheryl W. said...

Oh, my goodness! Your tree looks amazing. This is a fantastic card.

Jaydee said...

Your tree is fabulous Hannelie. So much texture and I love how you popped it up. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

Barb Ghig said...

Clever and beautiful, Hannelie! I love how you created depth by popping up the tree! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Hannelie! I love that tree! It's just amazing! I do love those sweet little birds as well!! A truly creative take on the sketch!

Karren said...

This is so wonderfully creative and a very clever take on the sketch! The texture on your tree looks fabulous.

Leslie Miller said...

This looks amazingly dimensional. Outstanding look for that tree!

Inkyfingers said...

This is a stunning take on the sketch Hannelie - I love everything about it. You are very creative.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.