08 October 2012

Sharing my aha moment!

Hi there!

What does a dress, a rose bowl, a lampshade and a butterfly have in common???

{ scroll down for the answer!} - { it's got something to with a die cut (or 3)}!!

Here's the first card I have to show...



And the second one...
Same die cut , just without the top part and flipped  upside down to make a rose bowl.





But wait... there's more - I don't have a card to share for these, only an example.

A lampshade...



Or a butterfly...



Using these 3 dies!


For my butterfly, I used only the head and antennae of the existing butterfly die. And of course the biggest leave of the 3 leaves for the body.
{I can't remember the exact manufacturers of each die, but I do know that I ordered them all from joanna sheen }

Now that's value for  money, don't you think!? The same little dress set has a die for which I have another great idea, but I'm saving that for a DT project next week... Ooh I'm excited!!!

I also have the sentiments I made to share.





On to the challenges:

cas-ual Fridays ~ for the girls
Sweet sketch ~ sketch
crafty-emblies ~ dressmaker (1st card)

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Marika said...

Goeie Middag Hannelie

'n Pragtige kaartjie, so vroulik. Wie sou kon dink daar is soveel gebruike vir een "die". Lekker daggie verder.

Marika

Lynn said...

Oh wow! Love how you showed us how to stretch our supplies Hannalie...so clever! Both cards are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sudha said...

Pretty interesting creations.I love these.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

cheryl said...

oh gosh I just love this that is one super dress and the card itself is so delicate and beautiful just love it bless you for playing at crafty-emblies this month hugs Cherylxxx

Dorte said...

Wow, you are so very creative, super use of the die(s)
hugs Dorte

Nancy said...

That's so clever. It recently occured to me that my own dies had more than one use. I'm motivated to do more experimenting now.

Marlena M. said...

I REALLY love when you can maximize the die and money. Such clever looks Hannelie!

Anonymous said...

Dit is nou waarde vir geld Hannelie en met jou kreatiwiteit is niks onmoontlik nie! Elke kaartjie is pragtig.
Groete,
Amelia x

Margaret said...

Now, that's thinking out of the box. Great ideas for using the dies!

ursula Uphof said...

Hannelie, you are just so clever. Thank you for sharing with us, making us take a second look at our dies. Also thank you for the lovely freebie sentiment

txexperiment said...

Very pretty sentiment and cards. Thanks for sharing all these great ideas!

Riette said...

ongelooflik slim!

Marjorie said...

Wow! Fantastic cards hunnie, and so many ways to use these lovely dies..
Thank you for the lovely sentiment too!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Angela said...

Love this LIM card. GReat use of negative space and I love the elegant result.

thanks for taking part in the Crafty-Emblies Dressmaker challenge.
Ax

Deb said...

Hannelie, you are so clever with using that die to create such lovely cards. Of course I love your CAS-ual Fridays card. That soft pink dress is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along this week!

Sandra Wright. said...

A very dainty looking card,gorgeous colour choice too.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Crafty-Emblies.

Sandie :)

Gabby said...

How very cool to use these dies so creatively! THX for opening my eyes to the "magic!" :)