21 February 2018

Say cheese !

Hi there!

If you read this, your hobby is most probably the same as mine...

To be able to share my hobby with you, I need to take pictures for the blog and Instagram. Looking back at some of my earliest blog posts, I realize that I have learned so much over the past 7 !!! years. Not only about our craft, but the photography part as well!

So, if for some or other reason I decide to stop making cards, photography would definitely be an option.

Here's today's card. Hobby inspired, of course :)








I used :

  • Camera cutting file from : Apex Cuttables
  • Bubble stencil (unknown brand)
  • Distress ink
  • My own printed birthday sentiment
  • Silhouette cameo
I knew I wanted to add a fun background and my first thought was to do polka dots. I then remembered I have this stencil with its 'mouse cheese' look. Picking the colors was of course easy after I found the perfect stencil! The camera/sentiment was cut 3 times and layered for dimension.

Sharing my card at :

Time out challenges  ~ Hobby ( not playing with the twist of one layer )

Seize the birthday ~ No toppings

Happy little stampers ~ Anything goes with dies


       

Thanks for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie


16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous - love the colours and images, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Cheese? Swiss meets bokeh, Hannelie! How absolutely adorable - and yes, your photography skills are great - but never think of giving up card making, please?
=]

Leslie Miller said...

I love how your mind works! Incredibly cute card!! After reading your mention of change I had to go take a peek at your archives. I love how you've evolved from one year to the next, and I adore your current style. What's next, I wonder? I don't see how it can get better than this!

Lisa Kind said...

Such a cute card and very clever design!

Cheryl W said...

Perfect! Your Swiss cheese background is an awesome choice and nicely fits the theme of your card. I love the dimensional camera, too.

nancy littrell said...

What a fun cut camera and sentiment. Love your stenciled circles for your background and sweet printed sentiment. TFS Hannelie. Hugs

P.S. we have all learned so much about card craft, including our photos...blogs, etc. So Fun! All our new friendships have been a huge plus too:-)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just love this Hannelie. What a great die - I love that you left the die cuts white, and that swiss cheese effect in the background is just fantastic. Thanks so mch for playing wtih us at Time Out!

Bobby said...

This is a case of the sentiment inspiring the design, Hannelie. Make the background cheese was a brilliant idea.

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love the design, Hannelie! Simple and impactful plus a sense of humor. You are the Queen of Yellow, Black and White. :-)
Your cards always look crisp in the photos. I enjoy looking at your photo styling too. Hideko xx

Anita in France said...

So brilliant, Hannelie ... love how you created the yummy yellow 'swiss cheese' background for that crisp camera and fun sentiment ... downright clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

JoAnn said...

What a fun and cute card Hannelie. The background is perfect with that saying. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

stampwithsandy said...

Such a wonderful and clever background for your 'cheesy' card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday, Hannelie!

Macimbalo said...

How cute! Cheese - love it! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

laurie said...

Fun image and sentiment, and SO creative!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Lynn said...

Hannalie! I am so behind on commenting but my oh my is this so fabulous! I love this card!

Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out!

sandie said...

Congrats for getting Honours at Time Out x