10 December 2017

Merry Rudolph

Hi there!

The two weeks we spent in South-Africa with family certainly were precious. Although it feels good to be back at our home away from home, I know in a couple of weeks' time I will start missing everyone again!

It was wonderful to visit during the southern hemisphere's Summer... which is the rainy season up north where our families live. Everything is so fresh and green. A real feast for our desert eyes! (scroll down for some pictures).

Except for being reunited with our dear Sugar (who spent the time at the pet care center), getting back to my craft room is the best feeling ever 😄

I have a very CAS graphic Christmas card to share today :



A closer look:


... and the products I used:



  • Reindeer  ~ Cutting file from Apex Cuttables.
  • Silhouette cameo. 
  • Promarkers. 
  • Googly eyes.

To make this card even quicker,  everything was cut from white card stock, layered 3 times to add dimension, and then colored with Promarkers. Instead of using the eyes included in the cutting file, I added googly eyes for fun.

Sharing my card at :

CAS on Friday ~ Christmas.
Muse Christmas visions ~ Any Holiday card.
Happy little stampers  ~  December-Christmas-challenge (anything goes)
Happy little stampers ~  December anything goes with dies.


The pictures as promised:











          


That's it for today!

Hugs and thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie.


23 comments:

!neke said...

Gave kaart !!!!
En wat een prachtige foto's !!!
Het ziet er heel mooi groen uit!!!!

Dodie said...

What a fun card! Welcome back ... you were most definitely missed.

Margot said...

Te leuk deze kaart! Makes me smile!

Brawny x said...

Cute card x

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely card!! Missed you!!

Ardyth said...

This card made me laugh out loud! I love the googly eyes and the bright colours and simple shapes (and all that white space!) Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!

Macimbalo said...

Oh my! HOW ADORABLE! I saw this on IG and had to come over and let you know just how cute this is! You are so creative and I absolutely LOVE this card! Thanks so much for joining the Happy Little Stampers ATG w/ Dies December Challenge!

Cheryl W. said...

I LOVE your card, Hannelie! The googly eyes are so fun and add some nice dimension. I sometimes try to cut images out of white CS and color them, as well. It can really speed up the planning/cutting process. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos. Looks like the Garden of Eden!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Welcome back, Hannelie! It's so good to see your new card! The reindeer is so adorable and funny! Love the simple and colorful ornaments. Thank you for sharing the gorgeous pictures. What beautiful places with lots of green! Hideko xx

- Bellule - said...

Happy Rudolph on your cute card !! ☺

Love your pictures, your country is beautiful !!

Bises ♥

Christine said...

Glad you are doing well. I have missed you posts, but am very thankful your absence was for such a wonderful reason. Glad you were blessed with family time and this lovely scenery.

Your card is darling and takes me right to a book I will share with my students this week. Imogene's Antlers is the story of a little girl who is challenged when she suddenly sprouts antlers.

Wishing you a blessed Christmas and lots of fun crafting time.

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE your card SO much, Hannelie!!!
Thank you for sharing the gorgeous pictures!

Leslie Miller said...

It's good to see you back, Hannelie, and with such a cute card! Gosh, I bought googly eyes this year and never even used them. The pictures of your homeland are so beautiful! I clicked for enlargement and thoroughly enjoyed them. Every area of the world has its own beauty, but I can see why you miss such lovely, wide open territory.

Bobby said...

This reminds me of the moose head my brother has that he hangs Christmas lights from every year. It's so cute, Hannelie.

Gerrina said...

Wat een super mooie grafische kaart! Echt een met een vrolijke knipoog!
En wat heerlijk om in dit seizoen daar geweest te zijn; het ziet er zo prachtig uit! Daar zou ik ook nog eens een kijkje willen nemen... Groetjes, Gerrina

Nancy said...

Your cards is so cute! Love it...made me smile from ear to ear! Your pics are lovely as well! Sounds like a great time was had by all!

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

Just beautiful pictures... except maybe the spiky tree! Would love to see pictures of your desert for contrast. Super cute card too!!!

Anita in France said...

Welcome home, Hannelie! Sweet card ... cute, colourful and so clever ... those googly eyes are a riot! Sounds as though you had a fabulous time ... your photo's are spectacular! Hugs, Anita :)

Melissa L. said...

This is super, Hannelie! Congrats on being featured by Scrapbook Expo on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/SCRAPBOOKEXPO/?hc_ref=ARSPctK2rgzvEzhsa5qXNUJKuUWam9sqaxQrO0METluEGlZ3JPHD9ca-Y37eb1-HyXM&fref=nf

Melissa L. said...

This is super, Hannelie! Congrats on being featured by Scrapbook Expo on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/SCRAPBOOKEXPO/?hc_ref=ARSPctK2rgzvEzhsa5qXNUJKuUWam9sqaxQrO0METluEGlZ3JPHD9ca-Y37eb1-HyXM&fref=nf

maria f. said...

Welcome back! Love this guy all decked out. And loved your IG photos of SA. Happy holidays.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I could not love this card more. Just fantastic design. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers December Anything Goes With Dies Challenge.

Pam A said...

Beyond adorable! So cute and creative.