27 June 2017

CASology : Fly

Hi there!

Time for a new cue card at CASology !

                                                               


So many directions you can 'fly' with the cue this week!

I never have a masculine card when I need one... so I used the opportunity to make a kind of all purpose guy card:






  • The plane is a cutting file from  APEX cuttables  available HERE.
  • I printed the image (adding my own sentiment to the banner) and cut it out with a small offset, using my cameo. 
  • I colored the image with my Zig markers, and popped it up on the card base with a watercolor smooshed BG.
  • In order to get a 'cleaner' looking circle shaped BG, I taped a die cut circle mask to my card base before I did the smooshing, 


Looking for more inspiration? Just click the links listed below 👇


Guest designer:
Deidre Payne

Sponsor: Rubberdance stamps.

Adding my link to:

Happy little stampers  ~ June-watercolor-challenge (with the twist of masking)

&

Happy little stampers ~  June cas challenge ~ Smooshing.


                                      


Thanks for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great male card, love the smooshed background :)

Happy Dance said...

This turned out so well, Hannelie! That plane and banner are very cool, and I love the background you've created for it. Perfect CAS 'fly' card! Hope all is well. Bev

Geri said...

I'm with Bev...the background is PERFECT for the plane and the wishes! Thanks for the link to the image :)

Leslie Miller said...

I can always use ideas for guy cards and this is one is perfect for any guy. I really should have some of this type made up for when I need them. I like your idea for the masked smooshing, too!

Anita in France said...

That smooshed background makes the perfect globe for this fun plane to fly round, Hannelie ... so fun! Hugs, ANita :)

Cheryl W. said...

Great card for a guy, Hannelie. I'm like you - I never have a masculine card when I need one. Not sure I could replicate this one, though!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card and so perfect for any guy. Love your fabulous plane.

Kylie said...

Great way to combine masking and smooshing! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

BożenA said...

Excellent smoosing technique. You made the perfect background for your image. Thank you for joining HLS.
BożenA DT HLS

Anonymous said...

I just love how you created the background for this sweet little plane! I am going to miss playing cards with you each week, Hannelie! Thank you for being such an awesome inspiration and just a gorgeous person too! Love and hugs! xx

conil said...

Congratulations on you Happy Little Stampers win.

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for sharing it at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.