13 December 2016

CASology: Bow

Hi there!

Time for a new cue card at CASology !


                                                             



So many directions to go with the challenge this week. I decided to to go with the obvious choice, seeing that we are in  🎅 mode.



up close :


and a sharper angle to show off the shimmer :



The striped bow is a Hero Arts design in the Silhouette store: Design ID #69514.

I once again opted to use the fill function for printing instead of trying to cut out all the inner lines. I added a 1 mm offset to cut it out with my Silhouette, and added red Deco-foil with my laminator.

The Merry Christmas print on the card base is from The pixel scrapper.

I cut out an aperture on the top layer and popped it up over the card base with fun foam, finishing off the design  with red flat back pearls to add to the festive feeling of the bow.

Looking for more inspiration ? 👇


Guest designer: Bobby

Tracey McNeely  (taking a break)

Sponsor: Birch Press Design


Thank you so much for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie

10 comments:

Joyce said...

Now, this is festive and beautiful. I just love that big red bow.

Geri said...

I absolutely KNEW that I would be in for a treat of eye candy...and I was not disappointed! This word has so many opitions - violin bow, gift bow, dog saying "bow-wow"...

Amazing design - love the red blings and love the recessed sentiment!

Busy as ever her right now....and cold too! Haven't had much time for visiting...tis the season...

Karren said...

This is beautiful! The circle of text works beautifully with that gorgeous bow.

Bobby said...

That foil is so gorgeous, Hannelie, and I love the repeated sentiment inside the circle.

Julia Sandvoss said...

This is absolutely stunning! Thank you for choosing our Deco Foil for this beautiful bow! Happy Holidays!

Kara Lynne said...

You never cease to amaze with your design style! I love this modern pearl "wreath"!

Leslie Miller said...

Another stellar example of your expertise with the silhouette! And the laminated Deco-foil -- I can't even imagine. Love the pearl wreath. Very imaginative!

Anita in France said...

Stylish and gorgeous, Hannelie ... the foiling is fabulous on that wonderful bow! Hugs, Anita :)

Cheryl W. said...

This is such a cool layout. I had to go to my Silhouette software, pull up the bow design and imagine how I would do something similar to what you've done. I don't have a laminator, yet, but I'm hoping to get one after Christmas. I'll be looking at those after-holiday sales!

- Bellule - said...

I'm so late on your blog !

Love your beautiful card with the foil.

Bises ♥