20 May 2022

Fun with octagons !

Hi there!

You may have notice that I love playing with geometric shapes 😉  ... continuing the play with octagons today ! Such a versatile little shape which can be transformed by layering and rotating. 






I used :

  • Silhouette cameo to cut all octagons (of course you can use dies too) as well as the sunshine sentiment (cut once in white and once in black)
  • Different shades of yellow/orange card stock
  • Hello sentiment from Altenew Dainty Swiss Dots stamp set
  • Versafine black ink
  • Foam tape for dimension

My card was inspired by a couple of challenges :

Time Out Challenges - Inspired by words challenge : I picked the word sunshine for my inspiration

Freshly Made Sketches - Sketch by Karren (thanks for this really inspiring sketch Karren !)

Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies



                  



Thanks for visiting me today !

Hannelie

8 comments:

JulieP said...

I really do love this Hannelie!!! The design, the colors...it's perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS die challenge!

Lyn said...

This card is really cool, what a clever use of the sketch <3

Cheryl W said...

You always seem to have so much graphic fun when creating your cards. And it's always a joy to see what comes of it. I love today's cheery card!

Nonni said...

Very cool card! I love the hexagons and the way you played with color. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely gorgeous...just love your creative use of octagons.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Kim S said...

I love your creative use of the sketch! The three little hexagon suns are fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a brilliant take on our sketch! I just love how creative and cheerful it is. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Carol said...

I think I need a Silhouette machine if this is an example of what can be produced! LOVE this eye catching design!!!