01 March 2021

Color Hues Challenge #13

Hi there!

Time for challenge #13 !

This time we would love to see yellow and blue on your cards πŸ’™πŸ’› over at Color Hues Challenge.










I used :

  • Abstract flowers digital stamp from Alex Syberia
  • Zig markers
  • Grid background cut in two different shades of blue card stock, layered for a shadow effect
  • Silhouette cameo
  • Birthday sentiment computer generated
  • Rhinestones
  • Foam squares for dimension

This card may look like a lot of work... but let me tell you a secret ... Almost all the elements came from my 'extra' box ! I usually print and cut more than one of my digital stamps, just for in case the coloring is not successful. This flowers were even colored, but at the time I wanted to use it , I was a bit critical of my own work, and didn't think it was 'good enough' for a card ! When I took it out after a couple of months, I wondered why I didn't like it πŸ˜‚. So glad I kept it because now I really like it !

The grids were leftovers from this card .

All I had to do was to cut the frame and add a sentiment. 

Lesson learned... do not throw away too easily and do not be so critical of your own work πŸ‘ 

I hope to see you play along!

Thanks for visiting me today :)

Hannelie

7 comments:

!neke said...

Prachtige kaart !
Groeten Ineke

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So fresh & lovely. I really like the shadowed grid.

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors and that fun grid!!

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! I love the effect of the two tone grid, and the pop of the yellow sentiment strip.

Cheryl W said...

Such a beautiful card! I just love your grid background. The addition of a second color of blue really helps define it and adds interest.

Nancy said...

I am going to listen to your advice even though I doubt anything in my bits and boxes could turn out this well! This is such a pretty design Hannelie! Have a great day!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful and good advice about holding onto our little art pieces. I adore the look of your flowers against the blue lattice.