22 February 2019

Altenew February Challenge : Take 2 (and 3)

HI there!

I think I have a new favorite Altenew stamp set . They are all so beautiful and I treasure each and every set I own, but some just 'work' for me!

I always cut out a few flowers when I start planning a card, just in case I mess one up. Well this time it paid off, because all four flowers I cut and colored were card worthy! I made cards with the two flowers I loved most .

Here's #1 :


Altenew Engraved Flower stamp set


Altenew Engraved Flower stamp set


Altenew Engraved Flower stamp set


And #2 :

Altenew Engraved Flower stamp set


Altenew Engraved Flower stamp set


Altenew Engraved Flower stamp set

For both cards I once again focused on the single flower in the inspiration photo, the composition of the photo and of course the wonderful color palette.


I used :



For both flowers and backgrounds I used the watercolor smooshing technique. I LOVE the variation in color this technique gives. And easy if coloring is not really your forte !


Altenew February Inspiration Challenge

Also sharing my card at :

The flower challenge ~ Use your latest stamps / dies


                                                           

Thanks for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie

7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ahhhh, watercolor. You do beautiful things with it and these Altenew flowers!

Cheryl W said...

I can see why you love this flower so much. It's really gorgeous and makes a fabulous focal point for your card.

Nora Noll said...

Those flowers are GORGEOUS!! I would have had to use them all up too!! Beautiful cards!!

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card here again Hannelie! love your beautiful flower and CAS design.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning!

Anita in France said...

So gorgeous, Hannelie ... both of them ... so fresh and lovely ... and so you! Hugs, Anita :)

Virginia L. said...

So glad that you join the fun over Altenew February Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!