20 June 2018

Hoot! It's your birthday!

Hi there!

I had so much fun designing and making this card... pulling inspiration from three favorite card challenges!








I used:

  • Owl cutting file from the Silhouette store : Design ID #67234 ( modified)
  • Doodled flower stamp set Altenew
  • Modern stripe stencil Altenew
  • Altenew ink
  • Promarkers
  • Sentiment designed in the Silhouette studio * edited to add : Fonts used 'fishfinger' for the birthday phrase & 'Lemon Milk' for the 'hoot' part.
  • Googly eyes

I was brain storming ideas for sentiments fitting for an owl inspired birthday card and the moment I saw 'HOOT' together with the owl's two big eyes...everything fell in place! 😁

Challenges:

The card concept ~ Inspired by the theme, colors and patterns (clean and graphic)

The paper players ~ CAS Birds

Inkspirational challenges  ~ Use small stamps



                        



Thanks for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie

14 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

I love this cute card Hannelie. It made me smile the moment I saw this. Great design in a fresh and fun look.
Greetings Miranda

!neke said...

Prachtig Hannelie !!!!!

Marjan said...

Geweldige kaart, echt heel erg leuk!!!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is too cute!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun and cute birthday card, Hannelie! Love that you stamped and colored doodled flowers all over the owl.
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Your owl card is just a...Hoot, Hannelie! You are so clever and have such a sense of humor, my friend. Love all the tiny little flowers, owl shape and googly eyes. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Anita in France said...

Cute, fun and such a brilliant idea, Hannelie ... love that your sweet owl's big eyes are part of the sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Sylvia said...

zoals gewoonlijk weer vreselijk leuk.
kun je ook zeggen welke font It's your birthday is?
of weet iemand dat? vind dat font zo leuk.

LeAnne said...

You always come up with the cutest creations, and this one is no exception! Great idea to use the owl and "hoot"....fun and cute! Thanks for sharing this with the Players this week!

Annie S. said...

This card made me smile! It's adorable and so creative...love that little owl! Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week. I always enjoy seeing your wonderful cards!

Nora Noll said...

This card totally ROCKS!! That little owl is so dear and I LOVE how you made it part of the title!! Oh so FUN!!

Cheryl W said...

Oh, my gosh, this card is so much fun! Love that big-eyed owl.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, I just saw your pineapple card inspired by the fruity owl, and now this... I absolutely love it! Looks like a fun card to make! Giggle!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh my goodness ! What a fabulous creation! So creative! Thanks for sharing at the Card Concept!