04 April 2018

April guest designer at Color Throwdown !

Hi there!

I am so excited to join the wonderful Color Throwdown challenge for the month of April as guest designer!

We are working with a beautiful palette chosen by Lori :




So excited to see the way these colors will inspire you!

Here's my take :







I used:
  • Cutting file from Silhouette store : Design ID #147869
  • Background stenciled with a stencil cut using a cutting file from Paper issues .
  • Altenew inks
  • Altenew sentiment
  • Enamel dots

I had several questions about the paper/ card stock I use with my Silhouette .


Bristol 180g/m² or 82lb

This is what I currently use and it really gives a very clean cut. I use the cut settings for regular card stock , but increase the force settings slightly ( 22 instead of 20. )

With colored card stock I use mostly unbranded card . With that I just try to compare the weight and texture to above mentioned card stock and adjust the settings accordingly. I guess with time you get a good feeling about which settings will work for which card stock. As the saying goes... practice makes perfect!

Sharing my card at :

AAA cards ~ Favorite technique (die cuts used as stencils and inking up die cuts)

Just us girls ~ CAS


                                           


Thanks for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie

12 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful! Stunning use of die cut stencils and expertly placed elements. Thanks for playing along with the favourite technique challenge at AAA Cards.

Dotty Jo said...

Such a lovely card! Jo x

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, love the colors and the inspiration photo and your beautiful, clean card! Perfection!

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous creation! I love every detail! Thanks so much for linking up this week at JUGS!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous color combo and CAS design, Hannelie. I am always so impressed with your unique CAS designs. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! You totally ROCKED this challenge!!! LOVE this card!! Thank you for the info on the cardstock you used. My husband just bought a cameo for the robotics team at school. Since there is no storage, we get to keep it to use at home!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congrats on the GD spot at the CTD challenge, Hannelie!
This is such a refreshing and springy card! I love the well-balanced, beautiful, clean design! Hideko xx

Anita in France said...

Fresh and crisp and so delicious, Hannelie ... a wonderful breath of fresh air! Congratulations on Guest Designing with Color Throwdown! Hugs, Anita :)

Kelly S said...

This is SO gorgeous, love the design!

Bobby said...

Congrats on your GD gig, Hannelie. Your use of their colors is wonderful as is the design of your card. I have picked a Die Cut Queen and a Stencil Queen. I'm making you my Silhouette Queen. ;)

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, so crisp and clean. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
Elaine

Tracie Pond said...

Hello Hannelie! I love the design and colors of your card. It is so fun how the circle elements ground the flowers. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie