24 March 2013

Roses in a row

Hi there!

I must admit, I hesitated (a lot) before I posted this card...

but here it is...




No stamps is normally not a real challenge to me, because I love playing with dies, and nowadays with my Silhouette. But... I wanted to challenge myself, and I got my fingers messy!
To create my roses I just placed 3 blobs of pink acrylic paint in a row, rubbed it in a circular  motion with my finger , added a small amount of purple paint, and drew circular lines in the wet paint with the backside of the paint brush.
Final touch : Glossy accents
Card stock used : Acrylic paint canvas paper.



My sentiment is a computer generated "happy birthday" in Afrikaans.

The challenges responsible for my inspiration :

cas-ualfridays



and

seize the birthday {sketch for feminine birthday card}




Thanks for visiting me today!







15 comments:

Leeann said...

I honestly thought this was tulle at first (and second) glance. Very cool technique!

Ardyth said...

These are gorgeous! You're going to be starting a whole new trend!

Desire Fourie said...

Dis pragtig. Hou van die effek met die blomme.
Mooi bly
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lynn said...

Hannalie, This is very, very cool. Love all the texture.

Happy Dance said...

Sophisticated comes to mind. Gorgeous. Those roses are incredible and I love the "bleeding" around them. So clever too. You totally rock, girl. Bev

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous blooms, Hannelie, so inventive and creative and stunning ... definitely worth the messy fingers! Anita :)

Geri said...

This could be hanging on a wall in an art museum! It has such a cool 'modern art' look (don't know the proper artistic term! So unique, so clever and soooo creative!

Dorte said...

Your 'messing around' came out so very beautiful, Hannelie,
hugs Dorte

Darnell said...

No need for hesitation, Hannelie! This card is sensational and it is so on trend right now with the, oh, I'm sure there is a proper name for it ... I'm seeing new stamps coming out with "fuzzy" flowers. I hope you know what I mean, or else, just say, "Oh, it's that cray-cray Darnell!" Bottom line: I love it!!

Kay Miller said...

Oh how fabulous!! Those finger painted flowers are lovely!! Really creative and pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday! :)

Rose said...

wow! stunning blooms :) So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

Petra Swart said...

Om een of ander rede het ek hierdie post van jou gemis, maar gelukkig blaai ek nou bietjie deur jou blog en toe kom ek op die een af. Daai blomme is so, sooooo mooi, Hannelie! Dis ongelooflik wat jy als aan dink en regkry. Regtig 'n pragtige kaartjie.

Deb said...

Hannelie, I just love your willingness to challenge yourself. You really nailed it with this card. I love those flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lesley said...

Wow! Acrylic paint!! Your roses look amazing Hannelie! Thank you for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Kelly Griglione said...

So in love with this, Hannelie! I could tell it was going to be a special card from the thumbnail, and you did not disappoint. What a marvelous idea, and great execution!! Thanks so much for joining the CASual Fridays Challenge this week!